Appliances and electronics designed for the United States have limited or no use in many other countries due to differences in voltage.
- Though this can be corrected by using an adapter or transformers, KitchenAid ® does not recommend this, due to the potential dangers that differences in cycles/second can create.
- In the US, electricity is delivered at 60 Hertz (Hz) and in most other countries electricity is delivered at 50 Hz.
- Running 60 Hz appliances in a 50 Hz environment forces the motor in your appliance to run slower and can potentially cause immediate motor or operational failure.
- Using transformers and adapters can cause electrical shortages and/or even fires.
- Taking a KitchenAid® small appliance out of the country voids the warranty.