Skip to main content
Why the smoothtop radiant cooktop element cycles on and off
- Last updated
- 08:01, 12 Aug 2016
Save as PDF
Does the radiant heating element cycle on and off?
- The surface cooking area may glow red when a heating element is ON.
- Some parts of the surface cooking area may not glow red when a heating element is ON.
- The warming zone element (on certain models) will not glow red.
- Radiant elements have a limiter that allows the element to cycle ON and OFF, even at the HI setting, to prevent damage to the ceramic cooktop. This is normal operation.
- The radiant heating element retains enough heat when off to provide a uniform and consistent heat. The surface will still be hot even though the element has cycled OFF.
- Cycling at the HI setting is normal and can occur.