Troubleshooting a KitchenAid microwave that is not heating
If your microwave is not heating, there are a couple of things that you can do to troubleshoot. Below are the steps you can follow to solve your microwave issue.
- Check the Controls
- Check the Power
- Should the interior be cleaned
- Check for error or display codes
Check the Controls
Check to make sure you are using the correct controls for the type of dish you are heating. Heating at a decreased power level may take the food longer to heat.
CLICK HERE for additional information on changing the power level
Check the Power
- Verify the power cord is connected to a grounded, operational outlet.
- Check the outlet. If you are unaware if it's working, plug in a household lamp or other small appliance to verify that the outlet is working.
- Check to see if a household circuit breaker has tripped or if the household fuse has been blown. If the problem continues, call an electrician.
Should the interior be cleaned
CLICK HERE to watch a video on cleaning the interior
Check for error or display codes
If your microwave has an error code displayed, see below for additional information.
- "LOC" or "L" : Indicates the control lock is on or enabled. CLICK HERE for more information on Control Lock
- Demo Mode: The Demo Mode is ideal for learning how to use the microwave oven. When set, functions can be entered without actually turning on the magnetron. The microwave oven light will come on, the fan will run and, if on, the turntable will rotate. CLICK HERE for more information on how to set Demo Mode
- A different error code? If your microwave is displaying a different error code, please refer to your Use and Care Guide for additional information.