Some coffee makers have an LED display which may show an error code.
- The error codes can mean different things depending upon which model you have.
For models that start with KCM5
Err1 - If the coffee maker is near an outside wall in a cold climate, or if the water is quite cold, this error may display.
- Move the coffee maker to a warmer location or us slightly warmer water.
Err2 - An electrical component has been dislocated within the coffee maker. There is no repair for this issue.
Err4 - Stuck button.
- Press and release all buttons on the coffee maker.
Err1 - A button may be jammed.
- Unplug the coffee maker and press each button several times.
- Plug the coffee maker into a grounded 3-prong outlet.
- If “Er1” appears again on the display, repeat this procedure.
- If the brewing cycle does not complete within 15 minutes, the coffee maker will display an Err2.
- This can occur if the heater is not working properly.
If the Error Code Number appearing on the display is:
"4" - It means Dry Boil [no water in the tank]
Add water in the tank and resume brewing.
If any other error displays, press the ON/OFF button and try to reset.
If that does not resolve the issue, please Contact Us.