Silicone Bakeware Properties
Silicone bakeware is very versatile.
- Refrigerator, freezer, and microwave safe.
- Heat resistant up to 500° F.
- Heats and cools quickly and allows for even heat distribution.
- Flexible for easy removal of baked goods and easy storage.
- Dishwasher safe for convenient and thorough cleaning.
- Safely goes from freezer to oven (and vice versa) without damaging bakeware.
- Safe for use with metal utensils, but knives or serrated blades should not be used.
- Do not use on a gas or electric stovetop or under a broiler.
Tips for Using Silicone Bakeware
- Before using, wash in Dishwasher or wash by hand in warm soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- If washing by hand, soak pan in warm water, wash with mild detergent, rinse and air or towel dry.
- Do not scour with abrasive cleaners or scouring pads.
- Acids from some foods may stain the silicone pan but will not affect the performance of the bakeware.
- For perfect release, spray a thin layer of cooking spray.
- Fill evenly with batter and bake.
- Cooking time may vary slightly than with traditional metal bakeware; therefore, adjustments in time and temperature may be necessary.
- Place Silicone Bakeware on a baking sheet for easy transfer from counter to oven.
- When using in the microwave, place pan in the center of turntable.
- Before removing baked goods from the pan, allow to cool completely.
- To remove the baked goods, invert the pan and apply pressure to the bottom and carefully peel the bakeware away from the baked goods.