KitchenAid stand mixers have a universal power hub, which means that all attachments that go into the power hub will fit all stand mixers, regardless of age.
Printed on the box of each KitchenAid attachment are the words, "Fits all KitchenAid Stand Mixers."
To stand behind this guarantee, if your attachment does does not fit your KitchenAid Stand Mixer, KitchenAid will take the appropriate steps to ensure that you can effectively use attachments with your Stand Mixer, no matter how old the mixer or attachment.
Exception: The ice cream maker and the precise heat mixing bowl will not fit on the Artisan Mini (KSM3311/16) due to the bowl being too large for the mini base.
- The precise heat mixing bowl also operates as a stand alone unit to temper chocolate, proof bread, etc., but you cannot use the beaters to mix the ingredients.
- These two attachments do not fit into the power hub of the mixer.
Use and Care:
- It is important to first determine that the attachment really does not fit the mixer by going over assembly instructions.
- It is completely acceptable to find up to a 1/8 - inch gap between the housing of an attachment and the mixer hub.
- The attachment may still be secure even if there is a slight differentiation between the thumb screw divot (on the housing) and the screw itself. You may see a small mark on the housing where the screw touches the housing.
- Be sure the thumb screw is completely tightened & the attachment does not move.
Signs that an attachment does not fit properly in the hub of the Stand Mixer are:
- Falling out of the mixer hub after the attachment knob has been fastened.
- Spinning or wobbling in the mixer hub while in use.
- Loosening during use, to the extent of falling off of the mixer.
When an attachment does not fit on a mixer, the problem can be with either the attachment housing or the mixer hub.
Problems causing improper fit include:
- The housing of the attachment does not seat far enough into the mixer hub to attach securely with the attachment knob.
The notch on the hub rim of the mixer was drilled in such a way that the attachment knob will not line up with the notch in the attachment housing.
How to tell if it's the attachment or the mixer:
- If you have other attachments that fit well, it's possible that the issue may be the white plastic housing on the attachment.
- If no attachments fit into the mixer, the mixer power hub may be the issue.
Please contact KitchenAid for further assistance.