- Keep elbow at a 90 - degree angle so that the juice does not drip down your elbow.
- Exert inward and downward pressure to extract juice. Exert inward and downward pressure to extract juice.
Grayish or streaky juice
- The juicer attachment housing has an "oil impregnated" copper bearing that can produce an oily discharge when it becomes warm.
- The oil will be present in the juice and cause it to appear grayish or streaky.
- The oil is FDA approved, so it will not harm the consumer if ingested.
Squeaking while in use
- Occasionally while in use, the JE will make a squeaking/ squealing sound.
- This sound is most often caused by putting too much pressure against the reamer while holding the fruit to the unit.
- This causes the parts of the JE to press against each other, causing a squeaking/ squealing sound.
- Lessen the pressure against the reamer.
If you see metal shavings or metal "dust" coming from the Juicer while in use (see photos below), please contact KitchenAid 1-800-541-6390.