- Long noodles and macaroni tend to curl in different directions as they extrude through the plate.
- The first 10" (25.0 cm) of curled noodles may be pulled off and returned to the hopper to be extruded again.
- Pasta will extrude slowly at first, then faster as more dough is extruded.
- Separate pasta immediately after extrusion.
- Lay a group of noodles on a towel placed on a flat surface and pull apart from drier ends of strands.
- Dry in a single layer.
- Long strands of pasta may be placed on a KitchenAid Drying Rack (KPDR).
- Homemade pasta behaves differently than store-purchased pasta. Because long noodles bend as they dry and are more fragile, they require gentle handling before cooking
Dough too wet/dry
- If your fusilli "droops" the dough is too wet and and cannot hold its shape.
- Add a little flour to the dough.
- If the dough is too dry it will not go through the press.
- Add a little water to soften it.
Pasta Plates and Mixer Speeds