Display and Times:
- In the Preheat Mode the display will not reflect the temperature accurately, as the sensor encounters cold and warm spots.
- When done preheating, the steady state temperature will be accurate.
- The Precise Heat Mixing Bowl does not heat quickly in either the Manual or the Tempering Mode.
- Tempering is a process that requires heating and cooling for the perfect results, and it can take 30-35 minutes.
- The goal is precise, rather than rapid heating.
- A nice, gradual rise of the temperature prevents hot spots and provides accuracy.
Changing the temperature from Fahrenheit to Celsius:
Press and hold the large round button for 3-5 seconds to change the display from F to C.
- Put the lid on the bowl if you are simmering, or need to go above 190 degrees, to help maintain and hold the temperature.
- The lid allows the unit to retain more heat than is allowed to release, thus reaching the higher temperatures.
- Without the lid, heat is being quickly released through the top.
- A characteristic of this and other similar products.
- Fill to the Max fill Line for less splashing.
Not Recommended For:
- Rice or risotto as these will bounce around in the bowl.
- The diameter of the bowl is the same as that of the Artisan, but it is important to use the smaller sized accessories (flex edge, whip, dough hook) because the beater to bowl clearance is slightly different due to the white plastic outer bowl.