- Some stand mixers have an internal Thermal Overload Protection switch which will turn the unit off if it overheats.
- Once the mixer has cooled down completely the mixer should be able to be turned back on.
- When mixing something steamy (like mashed potatoes), the steam can condense on the circuit board in the mixer causing an interruption in the flow of the electricity and causing the motor to shut off.
- Once the steam has dissipated, the unit should turn on again (about 3 minutes).
- If the mixer could have overheated during use let the mixer cool for at least 30 minutes and try to re-start.
- If you were making mashed potatoes when the mixer shut off it's possible that with excessive steam the unit may shut off, but it should restart within a few minutes.
- If the mixer has cooled at least 30 minutes and will not re-start or if it has a pattern of shutting off during normal mixing please contact KitchenAid at 1-800-541-6390 for assistance.