The shiny silver colored burnished aluminum beaters are not Dishwasher safe.
- If washed in the Dishwasher or allowed to soak in the sink the burnished aluminum finish may start to oxidize and form a grayish residue.
- This grayish residue is not harmful, but it may discolor food items mixed in the bowl.
- Burnished beaters should be hand washed and towel dried immediately. Do not allow them to air dry.
- If you prefer to put your beater in the dishwasher, KitchenAid offers white coated beaters for all models, which are diswasher safe.
What to Do:
- Soak the beater in hot sudsy water and scrub with a nylon scrubber to remove any residue build up.
- KitchenAid also recommends using Bar Keeper's Friend to remove this residue. It can be purchased at many retailers.
- The beater will not be as shiny as it originally was, but the thin layer of oxidization will be removed, and will not discolor foods.