How to Install the Produce Preserver in your KitchenAid Refrigerator
The produce preserver absorbs ethylene, to slow the ripening process of many produce items. As a result, certain produce items will stay fresher longer. Ethylene production and sensitivity varies depending on the type of fruit or vegetable. To preserve freshness, it is best to separate produce with sensitivity to ethylene from fruits that produce moderate to high amounts of ethylene.
How to install the Produce Preserver?
- Find the Produce Preserver housing inside the refrigerator.
- Open the housing by pulling up and out on the back.
- Remove the Produce Preserver pouches from the packaging and place them into the housing. NOTE: For best performance, always use two pouches.
- Adhere the Produce Preserver housing to the back wall of the crisper drawer according to the instructions included in the package.
How to install the Produce Preserver Indicator?
The produce preserver comes with a status indicator, which should be activated and installed at the same time the pouches are installed.
- Place the indicator face-down on a firm, flat surface
- Apply pressure to the bubble on the back of the indicator until the bubble pops, to activate the indicator.
- Slide open the cap on the top of the produce preserver housing.
- Place the indicator in the top of the housing, facing outward.
- Slide the cap closed, and check that the indicator is visible through the rectangular hole in the cap.