How to change the light bulb in your KitchenAid Undercounter Refrigerator, wine cellar or beverage center
Is it time to replace the refrigerator light bulb? Most new undercounter refrigerator models are equipped with LED lighting and the bulbs do not need to be replaced. If your model currently has a traditional light bulb, please see the instructions below or in your use and care guide.
To change the light bulb in an undercounter refrigerator, all you need is a Phillips screwdriver and a spare light bulb.
Follow these instructions to get started:
- Unplug wine cellar, beverage center, or undercounter refrigerator or disconnect power.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the screw located at the back of the light shield.
- Pull the light shield back to remove the tabs from the appliance.
- Remove the light shield.
- Replace the bulb.
- Reinstall the light shield by inserting the tabs.
- Align the holes and insert the screw.
- Tighten the screw.
- Plug in refrigerator or reconnect power
NOTE: Not all appliance bulbs will fit your refrigerator. Be sure to replace the bulb with one of the same size, shape, and wattage.
This part can be ordered at our Purchase Genuine Parts site.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.