Have you made bread or thick cookie dough recently?
- If you have been mixing a heavy mixture for several minutes or more, it is possible that the force of the planetary action can over-tighten the bowl.
- Place a wet, warm towel around the bottom of the bowl for 10 minutes. Re-warm it after the 10 minutes, put it on again and let it set for 1 -2 more minutes. This will re-warm the stainless steel, causing it to expand. After this time, try to wiggle and remove the bowl. If the bowl does not come off with the hot compress, try applying mineral oil on the bottom of the bowl near the crease where the bowl attaches to the base plate. The mineral oil may lubricate the bowl enough to allow it to come loose.
- If you do not have mineral oil, use a vegetable oil cooking spray instead.
- If you use vegetable oil, you will need to make sure to clean the base plate very well after the bowl is removed.
- This is because vegetable oil can become very sticky over time.
- If none of these techniques work, you may wrap the bowl in a towel and GENTLY tap the handle with a rubber mallet.