Connecting Using the WPS Method
Connecting using the WPS Method
What is WPS?
WPS is a wireless network security standard that tries to make connections between a router and wireless devices faster and easier. The ability to use WPS (aka Wireless Protected Setup) is limited to routers that support the WPS standard. The following method will work for the majority of customer routers.
- A home wireless router or WiFi extender within 30 feet of the appliance and capable of WiFi Protected Setup (WPS).
- A home wireless router capable of WPA-2 security (not WEP). NOTE: On some routers, you may have to log into the router's "Admin" screen to enable the WPS button.
- The router should be on within range and have a live Internet connection.
Ensure the Smart Appliance and Wireless Router are correctly installed and powered on. Only one Smart Appliance can be linked at a time. Repeat steps for each Smart Appliance.
Using WPS to provision the appliance
IMPORTANT: Complete the next two steps within two minutes!
- On the wireless router
- Locate and press the WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) button. The WPS button location may vary from router to router. An indicator light on the router will begin blinking.
- On the Smart Appliance
- Press the "POWER" button to activate the appliance
- Press and hold the WiFi Connect button for 3 seconds. The WiFi status indicator icon will blink quickly, and you may see a 2:00 minute countdown appear on the display. If your appliance does not have a screen, the WiFi light will blink for approximately 2 minutes.
- When the appliance is connected to the router, the WiFi status indicator light will become solid and remain lit.
- In the mobile app
- Log in to the mobile app and click on "ADD APPLIANCE." Since the appliance is already connected skip connection steps.
Need additional help?
If you need additional help with your connected appliances please contact us at 1-877-559-2603.