Odors or Smells
Are you smelling gas odors?
It is normal to sometimes smell a slight odor of gas when using the cooktop.
If you smell gas when not using the cooktop, ensure that none of the surface burners has accidentally been turned on.
If you smell gas and have checked to make sure that no surface burner has accidentally been turned on:
- Do not try to light any appliance
- Do not touch any electrical switch
- Do not use any phone in your building
- Immediately call your gas supplier from a neighbor's phone. Follow the gas supplier's instructions.
- If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call the fire department.
Is the appliance on Natural Gas or LP Gas?
If the flames are too high or too low, excessively yellow, and/or sooting cookware:
- Ensure the appliance gas supply is correct (LP or Natural gas). These products come from the factory set for Natural gas.
- Refer to the Installation Instructions to verify that the pressure regulator is installed correctly, the supply line pressure, and the gas line pressure is correct.
Placement of burner heads and caps
Burner cap: Always keep the burner cap in place when using a surface burner. A clean burner cap, especially the bottom of the cap, will help avoid poor ignition and uneven flames. Always clean the burner cap after a spillover and routinely remove and clean the caps.
Be sure the correct burner cap is on the correct burner base. The burner base and the underside of the burner cap may have a mark indicating which burner cap and burner base match.
CLICK HERE for more information on proper burner placement
Have you been painting or staining in the home recently?
- Odors from painting or staining can react with the burner flame(s).
- You may smell an odor when using the cooktop if painting or staining has recently been done.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.