Are you cooking at high power?
This occurs when cooking at high power. The cause of this is the amount of energy that is transmitted from the appliance to the cookware. This sound will quiet or go away when the power is turned down.
CLICK HERE to watch a video on Common Induction Operating Sounds Using Correct Cookware.
Is the correct cookware being used?
Only use pots and pans made from ferromagnetic material which are suitable for use with an induction cooktop.
- To determine whether a pot is suitable, a magnet may be used to check whether pots are magnetic.
- The quality and structure of the pot base can alter cooking performance. Some indications for the base's diameter do not correspond to the actual diameter of the ferromagnetic surface. Some pots and pans have only a part of the bottom in a ferromagnetic material, with parts in another material that is not suitable for induction cooking. These areas may heat up at different levels or with lower temperatures. In certain cases, where the bottom is made mainly of non-ferromagnetic materials, the cooktop might not recognize the pan and, therefore, not switch on the cooking zone.
CLICK HERE for additional information on Induction Cookware
Refer below video for Induction Cookware Compatibility
Is the Cooktop Lock feature on?
Even when the cooktop is not in use, the cooktop may create a low-level hum that may be noticed in very quiet environments. This noise is a normal function of the cooktop due to the Cooktop Lock feature. To reduce the volume of the hum, activate the Cooktop Lock feature when the cooktop is not in use.
To deactivate the Cooktop Lock:
- Touch the lock key for 3 seconds.
- The indicator light will turn off, and one long tone will sound.
To activate the Cooktop Lock:
- Turn off all burners and elements and touch the lock key for 3 seconds.
- When the Cooktop Lock activates, the Cooktop Lock indicator light will turn on and one long tone will sound.
CLICK HERE to watch a video on the Cooktop Lock and Touch Sensitivity of Cooktop Buttons.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.