Using the Cooking Rack in your KitchenAid Microwave
The rectangular cooking rack is ideal for two-level cooking. It also provides extra cavity space for cooking two or more containers at the same time.
To use the rack; insert the rack securely into the rack supports on the side walls of the oven. Only use the rack only when cooking on two levels. Remember, the rack will become hot, so always use oven mitts or pot holders when handling. Remove the rack before using Popcorn the function
These racks are specifically designed for the ovens in which they come in. Do not attempt to use any other rack (besides those supplied with the oven) in your microwave oven.
- Do not allow the rack to touch the inside cavity walls, ceiling or floor.
- Do not cook with the shelf on the microwave floor. This could damage the microwave.
- Do not use metal cookware, utensils, or a browning dish with the rack.
- Do not let food container on rack touch the top or sides of the oven.
- Do not cook food directly on the rack. Always use a microwave-safe container.
Cleaning the Rack Supports
Remember to clean the rack supports often to avoid soil buildup. Soil buildup may lead to arcing and cause damage to the oven.
- Clean with mild soap and water with a soft cloth or sponge.
- Thoroughly dry with a soft lint free cloth.
REMINDER: Do not attempt to remove supports from cavity walls. Do not use soap-filled scouring pads, abrasive cleaners, steel wool pads, gritty washcloths or recycled paper towels.