Setting Demo Mode for an Over the KitchenAid Range Microwave
The Demo Mode (on some models) is ideal for learning how to use the KitchenAid microwave oven. When set, functions can be entered without actually turning on the magnetron. The microwave oven light will come on, the fan will run and, if on, the turntable will rotate.
To Turn Demo Mode On/Off:
Instructions will vary by model number, so we recommend referencing your Owner's Manual for specific instructions for your model. Below are some of the common ways to turn demo mode on/off.
- The microwave oven and Timer must be off.
- Touch and hold "Timer Off" or the number 3 pad (depending on model) for three to five seconds
- Continue to hold until two tones sound and "d" or "Demo" appears on the display
- Repeat to turn off and remove "d" or "Demo" icon from the display
- Touch OPTIONS/CLOCK to reach the Demo Mode submenu, then follow the prompts to activate.
- The DEMO icon will light up in the display.
- Repeat to deactivate.
- Select Try the Product.
- Scroll and select Explore.
- Select the Tools keypad.
- Scroll and select INFO.
- Select Store Demo Mode and select OFF.
- Select YES on the confirmation screen.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.