How to clean the grill grates for your KitchenAid outdoor grill
IMPORTANT: To avoid damage to grill grates, do not use a steel or fiber scraper.
Immediately after you are finished cooking, loosen food soil with a brass bristle brush.
- Turn all burners to HIGH for 10-15 minutes with the hood closed to burn off food soil.
- Turn off all burners, raise the hood and let grates cool.
- Use the brass bristle brush to remove ash from the grill grates.
When completely cool, grill racks can be removed for thorough cleaning.
- Clean them with a mild detergent and warm water.
- For baked-on soil, prepare a solution of 1 cup (250mL) ammonia to 1 gal. (3.75 L) water.
- Soak grates for 20 minutes, then rinse with water and dry completely.