Preparing to grill using your KitchenAid outdoor grill
- Thaw food items before grilling.
- Preheat grill on high (use all grill burners) 10 minutes.
- The hood must be closed during preheating.
- Preheating provides the high heat needed to brown and seal the juices.
- Shorten the preheat time when grilling high-fat cuts of meat or poultry, such as chicken thighs.
- This will help reduce flare-ups.
- Lightly oil the grill grates or the food when cooking low-fat cuts of meat, fish or poultry, such as lean hamburger patties, shrimp or skinless chicken breasts.
- Using too much oil can cause gray ash to deposit on food.
- Make vertical cuts at 2" (5 cm) intervals around the fat edge of meat to avoid curling.
- Add seasoning or salt only after the cooking is finished.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.