How to change the grill light bulb for KitchenAid outdoor grill :
IMPORTANT: Make sure all controls are off and the grill is cool.
- Unplug grill or disconnect power.
- Make sure the light power switch on the control panel is in the OFF position.
- Remove the screw securing the light assembly to the grill hood and pull out the light with glass light cover.
- To remove glass light cover, remove screw and gently pry downward with a small flat-blade screwdriver at the left edge of the cover near the screw and pull away from the retainer. Pull out the clamp from the end of the light assembly.
- Use a flat-blade screwdriver to remove the screw locking the bulb in place.
- Remove bulb from socket.
- Replace bulb with a new 12-volt, 10-watt maximum, halogen bulb, using a tissue or wearing cotton gloves to handle thebulb. To avoid damaging the bulb, do not touch the bulb with bare fingers. Oil from fingers will shorten bulb life.
- Tighten the two screws to lock the bulb into place.
- Replace glass light cover onto light assembly. Secure light assembly into the grill hood with two screws removed in Step 3.
- Plug in grill or reconnect power.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.