Possible reasons your KitchenAid outdoor grill will not light
Is the 20 lb LP gas fuel tank valve turned off and full?
Turn the 20 lb LP gas fuel tank on. Check the gas level and make sure there is enough gas in the tank.
Is the grill properly connected to the gas supply?
Contact a trained repair specialist or see Installation Instructions.
Is the igniter working?
- Check that the igniter battery is properly installed or check to see if the battery needs to be replaced. See the “Replacing the Igniter Battery” section in the Product Manual.
- Check to see if the grill will match-light.
- See “Manually Lighting the Main Grill” in the “Outdoor Grill Use” section of the Product Manual.
- Check for loose wire connections to the igniter or electrodes.
- Check to see if debris is blocking the electrodes.
- If a spark occurs anywhere but the igniter tip, replace the igniter.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.