How to replace the igniter battery for your KitchenAid outdoor grill:
If igniters stop sparking, the battery should be replaced.
- Unscrew igniter button cap counterclockwise to remove.
- Remove battery from the battery compartment.
- Replace with a new alkaline “AA” size battery. Install battery with negative end in first.
- Screw igniter button cap clockwise into place.
- Screw igniter cap clockwise into place.
If necessary, repeat steps 1-5 for the other battery.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.