Cleaning and Replacing the Grease Filters in a KitchenAid Downdraft Vent Hood:
Cleaning and Replacing the Grease Filter
IMPORTANT: Before washing, make sure all controls are off, and the vent hood and cooktop are cool. Always follow label instructions on cleaning products.
- Turn off the vent hood and cooktop before removing the filters.
- Remove each filter by pulling the spring release handle and then pulling down the filter.
- Clean the filter in the sink with warm water and detergent, or the dishwasher.
- Dry the clean filter(s) and reinstall, making sure that they lock into place.
- Reinstall the filter by making sure the spring release handles are toward the front. Insert metal grease filter into the upper track.
- Push up on the metal filter and release handle to latch into place.
- Pull the spring release handle down.
- Follow the above procedure to replace grease filters. NOTE: If the retractable downdraft vent does not operate after clean filters have been installed:
- Push the filter in as far as it will go.
- When the filter is removed, the microswitch behind the filter is inactivated.
- This feature will not allow the vent system to operate until the filter properly installed.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.