Did you press and hold the button?
- Push and hold the button on top of downdraft vent for a few seconds. (This slight delay helps avoid unintentional raising of the vent during cleaning of the cooktop area.)
- Retractable section of downdraft vent will rise.
- Blower will begin to vent immediately if blower control knob or slider is set to an “On” position.
CLICK HERE for more information on raising and lowering the venthood.
When Cooking Is Complete:
- Push the button on top of the retractable downdraft vent. The blower will turn off, and the retractable section of the vent will return to the closed position.
- Immediately turn off the downdraft vent at the speed control located on the right-hand side of the downdraft vent.
- Turn off the power supply to the downdraft vent at the circuit breaker box or fuse box.
- Allow plenty of time for the downdraft vent to dry naturally. Do not open the downdraft vent to remove the water.
- Refer to the Use and Care Guide for specific information on setting the controls.
Have the grease filters just been cleaned or replaced?
If the retractable downdraft vent does not operate after clean filters have been installed:
Push the filter in as far as it will go. When the filter is removed, the microswitch behind the filter is inactivated. This feature will not allow the vent system to operate until the filter is properly installed.
Is the moveable portion of the product binding?
There are specific installation instructions addressing vertical level and the lower support legs. Refer to the Installation Instructions for details.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Have you reset the power?
- Power the vent hood down by turning off the circuit breaker(s) for one (1) minute.
- Power vent hood up by turning on the circuit breaker(s).
- Verify the vent hood operates.