Cleaning and Replacing the Grease Filters in a KitchenAid Downdraft Vent Hood:
Cleaning and Replacing the Grease Filter
IMPORTANT: Before cleaning, make sure all controls are off and the vent hood and cooktop are cool. Always follow label instructions on cleaning products.
- Turn off the vent hood and cooktop before removing the filters.
- Remove each filter by pulling the spring release handle and then pulling down the filter.
- Clean the filter in the sink with affresh® Kitchen and Appliance Cleaner, warm water and detergent, or in the dishwasher.
- Dry the clean filter(s) and reinstall, making sure that they lock into place.
- Reinstall the filter by making sure the spring release handles are toward the front. Insert metal grease filter into upper track.
- Push up on metal filter and release handle to latch into place.
- Pull the spring release handle down.
- Follow above procedure to replace grease filters. NOTE: If the retractable downdraft vent does not operate after clean filters have been installed:
- Push the filter in as far as it will go.
- When the filter is removed, the microswitch behind the filter is inactivated.
- This feature will not allow the vent system to operate until the filter is properly installed.
This part can be ordered at our Purchase Genuine Parts site.