Please see your Use and Care Guide for specific information on your model, touch control models offer many different control options. If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
NOTE: Elements will not glow red on all settings.
Which setting or feature is being used?
- Elements start and stop glowing when turned on because the cooktop elements cycle on and off to reach the right temperature. In low settings, such as Keep Warm, the elements do not glow but will still maintain the right temperature. This is part of the normal operation of the product.
- This also applies when using the warming element, simmer or warm zone features. The simmer control knob has two settings: Simmer and Normal. When the control is set on Normal, the element will function as a single, a dual, or a triple element. When the simmer control knob is set on Simmer, the cooking area will not glow red.
CLICK HERE for information on using the warm zone feature.
Is only part of the Dual or Triple Element working?
The dual-size and triple-size elements (on some models) offer flexibility depending on the size of the cookware. Single size can be used in the same way as a regular element. The dual and triple sizes combine single, dual and outer elements and are recommended for larger cookware, large quantities of food, and home canning.
CLICK HERE for more information on.how to correctly set the dual-size and triple-size elements.
Has one or more elements stopped working during use?
- The surface cooking area will glow red when an element is on.
- Some parts of the surface cooking area may not glow red when an element is on. This is normal operation.
- The surface cooking area will also randomly cycle off and back on again, even while on High, to keep the cooktop from extreme temperatures which may damage the glass surface.
- If the element does not cycle back on, allow the cooktop to cool down for 30 minutes then turn the element on again.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-422-1230 or click below to schedule an appointment.