Fan or humming noise from the oven:
The oven is equipped with an automatic cooling fan that runs when the oven is in use and/or after a cycle completes.
It is normal:
- For the automatic cooling fan to run when the oven is in use and/or after the cycle completes.
- To hear the automatic cooling fan move air when the oven is in use and/or cycle completes.
The automatic cooling fan:
- It helps to cool the enclosed oven cavity and the electronic controls when the oven is in use and/or after the cycle completes.
- Keeps the electronic controls cool during every oven function such as BAKE, BROIL or CLEAN.
Is the convection fan operating/running during both non-convection and convection cycles?
It is normal operation for the convection fan:
- To operate during preheat for both non-convection and convection functions.
- Turn off when the oven door is opened.
The convection fan will come on approximately five (5) minutes into an oven function on all Gas convection models:
- During preheat or when a convection cycle is selected.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-422-1230 or click below to schedule an appointment.