Skip to main content
Product Help | KitchenAid

Oval Burner Questions/Concerns - Gas and Dual Fuel Range

Center Oval Burner - on some models

The Center Oval Burner is available on some newer model Gas Slide-In and Free Standing Ranges. This burner, sometimes known as the "Fish Burner", and is designed for use with griddles, long cookware, and oblong pans. You can easily fit large griddles and other longer cookware on this fifth burner so that they heat evenly.

Fish burner photo.jpg

This Oval burner is 10,000 BTU and has a different burner cap than most gas burners. The oval cap, known as a "Spreader", is attached to the burner base. It must be installed correctly to have a good and efficient flame. 

CLICK HERE  to watch a video on proper installation of the oval burner

Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.

Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.

United States