KitchenAid Proline Blender FAQ's
Do KitchenAid Pro Line® blenders have a heating element that enables them to heat soups?
No. The heat generated by the KitchenAid Pro Line® blender and competitive blenders with similar features does not come from a heating element, but rather from friction.
Can I make soup in the non-thermal jar model Pro Line® blender?
Yes. You can make soup in either the regular or thermal jar models. Friction, rather than a heating element, heats the soup.
- The dual-walled thermal jar will be cooler to the touch and will retain the heat of the soup for a longer period of time.
Can I purchase a thermal jar for my model that came with a regular jar?
Yes. The jars on the two Pro Line® blender models are interchangeable. Additional jars are available for purchase.
Why do I need a tamper with the Pro Line® blender, and not with other KitchenAid models?
The Flex Edge tamper is not necessary for all recipes, but it is designed to work with the squared jar and blade for best results to push the ingredients down and scrape the sides simultaneously if needed.
Is it possible for the Flex Edge tamper to touch the blade?
The Flex Edge tamper is specifically designed to prevent it from coming in contact with the blender blade.
Why is there an orange flashing light on my blender?
- If the blender is new and being used for the first time and an orange light flashes, try moving the knob back and forth five times and try again.
- If it is not the first time you have used your blender and it blinks, and won't reset, please contact us.
Why is my blender blade turning but not mixing the ingredients?
Occasionally, when blending, the ingredients get stuck above the blade.
This is called "bridging".
When this occurs, the rpm of the blender increases very quickly and the ingredients stop mixing as the blade is just turning in a pocket of air inside the ingredients.
What to do:
Use the tamper to tamp down to "pop the bubble".
You can also use a slower speed
Or use a bit more liquid to get the viscosity or thickness of the mix to come down.
Will not turn on?
When the Blender is plugged in and the main power On/Off toggle switch is on, the Blender will go into Standby mode (flashing white indicator light). However, after 10 minutes of no activity the Blender will go into Sleep mode and the indicator light will turn off.
- To wake up the Blender simply flip the START/STOP toggle switch up or down. This will put the Blender back into Standby mode.
If the blender stops while blending:
After 6 minutes of run time, the Blender will automatically shut off and go into Sleep mode, and the LED light will turn off.
- You can wake the Blender back up using the toggle switches (Start/Stop or Pulse High/Pulse Low). If the Blender stops in less than 6 minutes, it is possible there is an internal error with the Blender.
If these tips did not help, please Contact Us for further assistance.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.