The Ion Exchange Water Filter removes many contaminants from your water.
If you have filtered water the Coffee Maker can be used without it.
- If you choose to use one, it is important to change it regularly to prevent impaired taste..
- The filter will process 25 gallons or water or about 60 full carafes.
- A new Ion Exchange Water Filter should soak for 10 minutes in cool water before initial installation
- (This only needs to be done once, even if the Coffee Maker is not used for extended periods of time. There is no need to re-soak the filter).
- Initially, soaking the filter removes the extra charcoal particles/flakes and removes the grayish color.
- After a new filter is installed brew 1 full carafe of water without coffee to remove carbon filter particles that could impart an off taste to your coffee.
- The Ion exchange water filter has carbon, to reduce chlorine and also softening resins, to reduce the hardness of the water. The ion exchange process works just like a water softener in your home.
To purchase replacement filters contact the retailer where you purchased your Coffee Maker or purchase online at www.kitchenaid.com