Coffee Maker Won't Brew
There are several reasons why your KitchenAid® coffee maker will not brew or brews for a short time.
- If you forget to add water, the heater will reach end of brew cut-off temperature in less than 1 minute.
- It will then enter warm keeping mode directly (as if consumer desired to extend warm keeping beyond 2 hours, or warm up a previously brewed pot of coffee).
This is normal operation.
- Accidentally used “Auto - On” feature:
- Until preset time is reached, the coffee maker will not brew unless this mode is over-ridden by selecting the "ON" button.
Check to see if the 1-4 cup feature has been selected if you are brewing a full pot.
- If the coffee maker has not been cleaned recently, descale to remove calcification.