If your KitchenAid ®Cold Brew Coffee Maker should fail to operate as expected, please check the following:
If coffee is too bold:
Grind your coffee at a coarser grind level, and/or steep for less time.
- The Cold Brew Coffee Maker produces a coffee concentrate.
- To serve at the proper strength, dilute your coffee concentrate with water or any dairy/dairy-free milk of your choice.
If coffee is too weak:
Either grind your beans to a finer consistency, or brew for more time.
- Cold Brew coffee uses more coffee to brew than other methods.
- Make certain you use at least 250 grams of coarsely ground coffee to brew.
- The grounds should come close to touching the fill guide line on the steeper.
- Kitchenaid recommends using the Burr Grinder Scale Jar to weigh your coffee.
If coffee tastes bitter or unpleasant after use:
Taste can be impacted if the Cold Brew Coffee Maker isn't thoroughly cleaned.
- Make certain that all soap, grounds, and oily residue are thoroughly rinsed off of all parts after each use.
Leaking from underneath:
It is important that the seal does not get wrinkled or rolled up upon disassembling and reassembling.
- The seal should lay flat and stick out a equal amount on each side. (be centered over the opening).
(W11084605G Coffee Drain Outlet/Seal Assembly)