If your Food Processor should malfunction or fail to operate, check the following:
- Is the Food Processor plugged in?
- Make sure that the bowl and lid are properly aligned and locked in place.
- Have you pressed more than one button at the same time?
- Unplug the Food Processor, then plug it back into the outlet.
- Is the fuse in the circuit to the Food Processor in working order? If you have a circuit breaker box, be sure the circuit is closed.
- The Food Processor may need to cool to room temperature. If the speed light turns off and the Off/Pulse light flashes, wait until the Off/Pulse light turns off and retry. The Food Processor may take from 5 to 15 minutes to cool completely.
- The motor may be locked. If the speed light stays on while the Off/Pulse light flashes, press the Off/Pulse button to reset the motor.
Food Processor not shredding or slicing properly:
- Make sure the raised-blade side of the disc is positioned face up on the drive adapter.
- Make sure ingredients are suitable for slicing or shredding. See the “Tips for great results” section in your Use and Care Guide.
- Make sure the disc is positioned in the process position (near the top of the bowl), and not the storage position (low and inside of the bowl).