Food Processor Will not Turn on
- The Food Processor Work Bowl and lid have a Safety Locking Mechanism that must be properly assembled for the Food Processor to turn on.
- The most common reason for the food processor or chopper to not turn on is improper assembly.
- All parts may appear to be aligned, but it's important to assemble in the correct order to ensure success.
Depending upon which model you have, there may be different methods of assembly:
1. Place work bowl on base, and if your model has a handle, slide the handle from the left to right and center in the front of the chopper.
2. Drop the blade into the chopper and push down. Some models have blades that "click" into place.
3. Attach the chopper lid, sliding from left to right front center to align the locking mechanism.
1. Place the Work Bowl on the motor base with the handle facing in the 9 o’clock position if your food processor has a handle in the center.
- Grabbing the handle, twist the bowl to the right until it locks into place at the 6 o’clock position.
- If the handle is to the side, place the handle slightly to the left, and slide to the right.
- It is important that the Work Bowl be placed on the base with the handle facing to the left side, because the tabs on the shaft of the Food Processor have a slight tapering. They may break off if the handle is positioned on the right side (4:00 position) and then forced to the center when attaching the bowl to the base.
2. Select a blade or disc to use.
- To attach the Multipurpose Blade, place the blade on the power base shaft. It may be necessary to rotate the blade slightly so that it is properly aligned and falls into place.
- To assemble a Slicing or Shredding Disc, place the Disc Stem on the power base shaft. Fit the selected disc over the metal pin on the Disc Stem, aligning the center opening of the disc with the ridge of the stem.
3. To use the Mini Bowl available with some models:
- Place the Mini Bowl over the power base shaft inside the Work Bowl.
- Then, fit the Mini Blade on the power base shaft.
4. To use the Chef’s Bowl available with some models:
- Fit the Chef’s Bowl inside the Work Bowl before attaching the disc stem and the disc to the power shaft.
- The Chef’s Bowl can only be used for slicing and shredding discs, not the Multipurpose Blade.
5. Place the Work Bowl Cover on the Work Bowl with the Feed Tube just to the left of the handle.
- Holding on to the Feed Tube, turn the Work Bowl cover to the right until it locks into place.
NOTE: Never attach the cover to the work bowl before the work bowl has been positioned on the power shaft base.
Damage to the work bowl may result.
Refer to the following videos for information on how to assemble your chopper or food processor: