There are several reasons why this can occur:
- Excessive pressure on the feed tube pusher
- A piece of food has become wedged between the Work Bowl Cover and the Disc.
- Overfilling the bowl with solids while using the slicing or shredding disc.
- When the bowl is overfilled, the items being sliced/shredded will begin to push the slicing/shredding disc into the Work Bowl cover as it rotates.
- The friction between the two pieces can melt the lid around the slicing or shredding disc and the disc can become lodged.