Rotating the Waffle Plate
- Whether one or two waffles are being prepared, always rotate the baking unit after filling a waffle plate with one cup of batter.
- Rotation coats the upper and lower plates on each side evenly with batter and ensures the finest consistency.
Oil and Cooking Spray
- Do not coat the waffle plates with spray-on oils or shortenings.
- The waffle plates have a non-stick surface so there is no need to coat the plates with oil or use a non-stick cooking spray.
- Doing so will eventually cause the plates to become gummy and the residue cannot be removed.
- If waffles are sticking to the plates, the oil in the recipe should be increased rather than greasing the plates.
- Each recipe in the Owner’s Manual gives a baking time that can be used as a guide for baking.
- If in doubt of how much time to use, a good starting point is 3 ½ minutes.
- Adjust as needed to get the desired results.
Waffle Mix Inquiries
- Use any waffle recipe ranging from Bisquick to the recipes in the Owner’s Manual.
- You may also refer to this Carbon’s Waffle Mix website at http://www.goldenmalted.com/recipes.html.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.