Cleaning the KitchenAid Slow Cooker
- Check that the slow cooker is switched off and unplugged before cleaning.
- Allow the slow cooker to cool completely before cleaning.
NOTE: Do not immerse the metal base in water to clean any part of the slow cooker.
NOTE: Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads.
- Wipe the metal base and cord with a clean damp cloth.
- Wash the ceramic pot and glass lid in hot soapy water, then rinse and dry. The ceramic pot and glass lid can also be washed in the dishwasher.
NOTE: It is recommended that you remove the three seals from around the lid before washing the glass lid in the dishwasher. The seals are hand washable.
To clean white residue from the ceramic pot
Small amounts of calcium in wash water may leave a white residue in the ceramic pot after it has been washed. To clean the residue, follow this procedure:
- Pour a small amount of vinegar into the pot and dilute it with an equal amount of water.
- Wipe the inside surfaces of the pot with a soft pad. Be sure to wipe the vinegar/water solution sufficiently over all the affected areas.
- Empty the pot, rinse with water, and dry with a soft cloth or towel.
NOTE: When cooking very thick mixtures, such as polenta or many desserts, the ceramic pot may be lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray before cooking. This coating will help make cleanup easier after cooking.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.