Tips for Using the KitchenAid Spiralizing Attachment
Preparing your food:
Cut the ends off food items to ensure that the food will properly fit on the Spiralizer. This creates a flat surface for best spiralizing, slicing, and coring results.
- Food diameter: should be 1.5 - 3.75 inches (3.81 - 9.5 cm )
- Food length: no longer than 5.5 inches (14 cm). (cut large vegetables to fit)
This step also ensures proper placement onto the fruit and vegetable skewer.
TIP: Some people find it easier to insert the skewer into the vegetable before attaching the spiralizer. This is a personal preference.
Attachment is making a hole in the fruit or vegetable:
- Make sure that you use only fresh, hard, and firm fruits and vegetables for the best results.
- Make sure that the fruit or vegetable is firmly on the skewer before turning on the mixer.
- Turning the mixer on first, and allowing the blade to engage with a fruit or vegetable that is already turning can cause the food to stop turning, and will enable it to "bore" a hole in the food item.
Spiralizer carriage not moving:
- Be sure to keep the bar that says KitchenAid® and the black piece that slides over it very clean.
- A drop or two of vegetable oil on the bar can also ensure it slides easily.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.