Make Perfect Pasta Dough for KitchenAid Pasta Attachments
Learning to make homemade pasta may take some experimentation to get the pasta dough to the best consistency. It may take several batches of dough to feel comfortable. It is best to start with the Basic Egg Noodle recipe in the Owner's Manual because this dough is relatively easy to adjust and use.
- Good pasta dough is firm and leathery to touch, but also pliable.
- It should never stick to your fingers or crumble and fall apart.
- Many factors, such as humidity, the brand of flour used, and the size of eggs, may affect dough consistency.
- When making pasta dough, the flat beater should be used to mix the eggs, flour, salt, and water for about 30 seconds on Speed 2. The flat beater will break up and incorporate the ingredients better than the dough hook.
- If the water amount is correct, the dough should stick together when pressed between fingers. If it is too dry and crumbly, add more water, 1 Tbsp. at a time.
- Next, the dough hook should be put on the mixer to knead the dough for two minutes on speed 2.
- The dough should stick together, but not be "sticky" to the touch. If more water is needed to get the dough to stick together, it should be added very slowly to the dough. "Spritzing" the water onto the dough ball is one way to incorporate the water without adding too much.
- After kneading with the mixer, pasta dough must be kneaded by hand for an additional 1 - 2 minutes. It can be kneaded on a counter with just a slight dusting of flour.
- The dough should be allowed to "rest" for 10 - 15 minutes before rolling with the Pasta Roller. It should be placed under an upside-down mixer bowl, wrapped in plastic, or placed in a plastic bag during the rest period to keep it from drying out.
TIP: If your pasta dough dries out while rolling or extruding, add water a little at a time. If your pasta spirals are drooping or not holding its shape, add a little bit of flour, because the dough is too wet.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.