Preparation to Make Shaved Ice
Before using your Shaved Ice Attachment, clean it properly.
CLICK HERE for more information on cleaning the shaved Ice Attachment.
- After removing the ice molds from the freezer, press firmly on the bottom and sides to help release the puck from the mold.
- For Plain Ice recipes, allow ice to rest for up to 10 minutes - this is called “Tempering” and is recommended to achieve ideal Shave Ice results.
- Turn the Stand Mixer OFF (0) and then unplug.
- Remove the hub cover.
For Stand Mixer with a hinged attachment hub cover: Flip up to open.
For Stand Mixer with a removable attachment hub cover: Turn the attachment knob counterclockwise to remove the attachment hub cover.
- Insert the Main Housing into the attachment hub, make sure the power shaft fits into the square hub socket. If necessary, rotate the attachment back and forth for proper fitment. The pin on the attachment housing will fit into the notch of the hub rim when in the proper position.
- Tighten the Stand Mixer attachment hub knob clockwise until the attachment is completely secured into the Stand Mixer.
- Ensure that the upper lever of the housing is rotated all the way to left. If not, rotate it to the left until it clicks into place. This will ready the attachment for use and must be completed before loading the Ice Puck into the Ice Cup and attaching it to the housing.
- Remove the Ice Cup from the housing by rotating it to the right and pulling downward. Take note of the small indicator arrow which must line up with the Lock and Unlock symbols on the housing.
OPTIONAL : If you wish to change the blade, grip the blade from the bottom and rotate it to right to unlock and remove.
CLICK HERE for more information on changing the blades of Shaved Ice Attachment.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.