Tips for Best Spiralizing Results
Preparing your food:
- Cut the ends off food items to ensure that the food will properly fit on the Spiralizer,
- This creates a flat surface for best spiralizing, slicing, and coring results.
- Food diameter: should be be 1.5 - 3.75 inches (3.81 - 9.5 cm )
- Food length: no longer than 5.5 inches (14 cm). (cut large vegetables to fit)
- This step also ensures proper placement onto the fruit and vegetable skewer.
TIP: Some people find it easier to insert the skewer into the vegetable before attaching the spiralizer. This is personal preference.
Spiralizer carriage not moving:
- Be sure to keep the bar that says KitchenAid and the black piece that slides over it very clean.
- A drop or two of vegetable oil on the bar can also ensure it slides easily.
CLICK HERE to watch a video
Speeds and Blade:
When beginning to cut, start at the “Stir” speed, then adjust to the recommended speed for your blade listed in the chart below
- The accessories are dishwasher safe, top rack only.
- The main body should be cleaned with a warm, damp cloth.
Attachment is making a hole in the fruit or vegetable:
- Make sure that you use only fresh, hard and firm fruits and vegetables for best results.
- Make sure that the fruit or vegetable is firmly on the skewer before turning on the mixer.
- Turning the mixer on first, and allowing the blade to engage with a fruit or vegetable that is already turning can cause the food to stop turning, and allow it to "bore" a hole in the food item.