How to Assemble the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker - Tilt-Head Mixer
Before first use Before using your attachment, remove the “Do not immerse in water” label. The dasher is dishwasher safe. The freeze bowl and drive assembly must be washed by hand.
Attaching the Ice Cream Maker for Tilt-Head Mixers
- Turn Stand Mixer OFF and unplug.
- Tilt the motorhead back and remove the mixing bowl.
- Place the dasher inside the freeze bowl.
- Place the freeze bowl on the bowl clamping plate.
Attaching the Drive Assembly for the Tilt-Head Mixer
- Be sure the Stand Mixer is off and unplugged. Keep the motorhead tilted back and put the dasher and freeze bowl into place.
- Position the drive assembly onto the mixer, so that side A is closest to the beater shaft. Slide drive assembly onto the motorhead until it does not slide any further.
- When correctly assembled, the outer curved edges of the drive assembly should center on the motorhead. If they are not centered, slide the drive assembly either back or forward until it is centered on the motorhead. Make sure the drive assembly is securely in place by pressing upward.
- Lower the motor head to engage the drive assembly with the dasher. If the drive assembly doesn’t engage the dasher, slide the drive assembly either back or forward until it does engage the dasher properly.
- Make sure the motorhead is down completely.
- Place locking lever in the LOCK position. Before mixing, test the lock by attempting to raise the motorhead.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.