How to Tighten the Silver Neck Pin on a KitchenAid Tilt Head Mixer
- There is a silver pin that goes completely through the neck of all tilt head stand mixers.
- The rounded ends of the pin are visible on both sides of the neck.
This pin fastens the motor head to the neck of the mixer.
- Sometimes the pin becomes loose and the head of the unit will begin to wobble when used. When this happens, usually the Adjustment Screw found inside the hollow part of the neck is loose.
- This pin can be pushed back into place and the screw can be tightened to correct the problem.
- If the neck pin comes out completely, it may be necessary to have two people assist to reinsert it, since you must hold the two parts together and insert the pin, which is not completely straight into the opening.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.