How to Remove the Upper Rack on Your KitchenAid Dishwasher
Most dishwashers have the ability to remove the upper rack. This is beneficial if you want to wash large stock pots, or tall items like vases or platters. The information below shows how to remove the most common type of upper rack. Check the Use & Care Guide for your specific model for more information.
To remove the rack:
The removable top rack allows you to wash larger items such as stock pots, roasters, and cookie sheets in the bottom rack.
IMPORTANT: Remove dishes prior to removing the top rack from dishwasher.
- To access track stops, pull the rack until it stops and clicks into place.
- To open track stops, flip the track stop to the outside of the track.
- After opening both track stops, slide front wheels up and out of the slot in the track. Continue to pull rack in the track and slide the back wheels up and out of the track.
- Close track stops.
- Slide the rack tracks back into the dishwasher.
To replace the rack:
- Gently pull rack tracks out of the dishwasher until they stop and click into place.
- To open the track stops, flip the track stop to the outside of the track.
- Place the back rack rollers on each side of the rack into the track slots and roll the rack back into the tracks.
- Insert front rack rollers on each side of the rack into the rack.
- Close track stops on both sides of the rack.
- Slide the rack back into the dishwasher.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.