Is there foam or suds in the bottom of the dishwasher?
Check for foam or suds in the dishwasher. If foam or suds are detected by the dishwasher sensing system, the dishwasher may not operate properly or may not fill with water.
Suds can come from:
- Using the incorrect type of detergent, such as laundry detergent, hand soap, or dish detergent for hand washing dishes.
- Forgetting to replace the rinse aid dispenser cap after filling (or refilling) the rinse aid.
- Using an excessive amount of dishwasher detergent.
If suds are present:
- Use a plastic cup to scoop out as many suds as possible.
- Remove dishes from the dishwasher and add 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable cooking oil to the bottom of the dishwasher to suppress suds.
- Run a full cycle with no detergent or dishes.
- Follow with a full cycle; fill dispenser cups with detergent, but do not add dishes.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.