Is the garbage disposer knockout plug removed?
If the dishwasher is connected to a garbage disposer, be sure the knockout plug has been removed from the disposer inlet.
Can this be on the branded site??
- Disconnect power to the dishwasher
- Disconnect the dishwasher drain hose from the garbage disposal.
- Use a bucket or large bowl to capture any water that may be in the drain hose when disconnecting the hose from the inlet.
- Inspect the connection point at the disposal to ensure the knockout plug has been removed.
- The knockout plug is recessed into the inlet and is not visible when looking at if from the side. Insert a pencil into the inlet and feel for the knockout plug. If the pencil is able to go into the disposer inlet about 3 inches the knockout plug has been removed.
CLICK HERE for more information on removing the garbage disposer knockout plug.
CLICK HERE to watch a video on how to connect the dishwasher drain to a garbage disposer
Has the cycle been interrupted??