How to Add Dishes to the KitchenAid Dishwasher After the Cycle has Started
You can add an item anytime before the main wash starts. Open the door and check the detergent dispenser. If the cover is still closed, you can add items. If the dispenser door opens, it is too late to add the item; it should go into the next load.
- Lift the door latch to stop the cycle. Wait for the spraying action to stop before opening the door. All cycle and options selected lights will flash to indicate that the cycle is suspended.
- Open the door. If the detergent dispenser lid is still closed, add the item.
- Depending on model, press the "Start" button (to resume the cycle)
- Firmly close the door until it latches.
- The lights will stop flashing when the door is properly shut. After a slight delay, the cycle will automatically resume at the point of interruption.
NOTE: If the door is opened during a running cycle, there may be up to a 30-second delay before the dishwasher restarts after the door is closed.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.