Use and Care of KitchenAid Ceramic Bakeware
Ceramic bakeware is naturally nonstick, easy to clean, and evenly distributes heat for consistent baking. It is important to properly use, clean, and store your products to ensure your bakeware lasts.
Before First Use
Before using, wash the bakeware with hot, soapy water, then rinse and dry thoroughly. It is not necessary to season ceramic/stoneware bakeware before use.
Using Ceramic/Stoneware Bakeware
KitchenAid ceramic/stoneware bakeware is oven safe up to 500°F/260°C and microwave safe. Although our products are durable, the following is recommended to avoid damaging your bakeware or kitchen surfaces:
- Allow frozen ceramic/stoneware to warm to room temperature before placing it in a hot oven or microwave.
- Do not place hot ceramic/stoneware bakeware directly on countertops or tables, or on cold or wet surfaces. Instead, use a trivet to avoid damage.
- Grease your ceramic/stoneware bakeware before cooking by adding a small amount of oil, butter, liquid, or sauce in the bottom of the dish.
- Use wood, nylon, silicone, plastic, or bamboo utensils on ceramic/stoneware bakeware. Do not use metal utensils, as these may scratch the surface.
- Do not use your ceramic/stoneware bakeware on a stovetop or grill, over a direct flame or campfire, or under the broiler.
Ceramic/Stoneware Bakeware Care and Cleaning
Although KitchenAid ceramic/stoneware is dishwasher safe, it is recommended to hand wash products in warm, soapy water, rinse, and dry with a soft towel. Use rubber gloves for a better grip when washing, rest the product on the bottom of your sink while scrubbing, and use both hands to hold it while rinsing to avoid breaking bakeware. For best results while washing, we recommend the following:
- Use a mild detergent and a sponge or soft dishcloth to hand wash ceramic/stoneware; do not use oven cleaners, harsh detergents, chlorine bleach, steel wool, or nylon scrubbing pads.
- Do not hold hot ceramics under cold water, as this may cause cracking. Allow bakeware to cool naturally and completely before cleaning and storing.
- To remove baked-on residue from ceramics, soak products in hot, soapy water for 15 to 20 minutes, or for as long as necessary before placing them in the dishwasher.
Storing Ceramic/Stoneware Bakeware
Ceramic/stoneware bakeware should always be thoroughly washed and dried before being stored in a clean, well-ventilated location.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.